The Art of Creating Lasting Performance: A Holistic Approach
In today's competitive business world, it is essential for businesses to perform well and to be able to adapt to changes quickly. This requires all employees to work together as a team in order to achieve the desired goals of the company.
A holistic approach helps improve the performance of each individual in a company by involving them in the decision-making process. The employees are given the responsibility of identifying issues and taking action to resolve them. This improves their morale and motivation towards their work, which ultimately leads to improvement in performance.
A holistic approach involves managing people from different levels and departments with the help of strategic planning, communication, and motivation techniques.
The holistic approach involves:
- A 360-degree feedback process. This involves collecting feedback from all stakeholders in order to help employees understand how they are perceived by others and how they can improve themselves.
- Identifying strengths and weaknesses through psychometric assessments. This helps employees identify their strengths and weaknesses and take corrective action to improve their performance further.
- Personal development planning that includes setting goals, identifying areas for improvement, and developing action plans to achieve them.
Keep in mind that a holistic approach looks at the big picture first and then drills down to what makes each individual tick. It considers culture, leadership, communication, and motivation as well as individual skills and abilities. This is a much more comprehensive way of thinking about performance improvement than simply focusing on skills training or setting goals.
The process of creating such a holistic approach and culture involves many steps, but here is an example of how one company did it:
1. For more than 20 years, the company has implemented a holistic approach to performance management. This means that the company has a clear understanding of what success looks like for each employee and what it takes for that employee to achieve that success.
2. The company also has defined processes for reviewing performance and providing feedback on an ongoing basis. The process is based on the principles of continuous improvement, personal accountability, and clear expectations.
3. The company believes that everyone should be held accountable for their performance, regardless of title or position within the organisation. The goal is to develop well-rounded people who are equipped with the skills they need to do their jobs successfully every day.
4. When employees receive feedback from their managers, it’s done in person so they can ask questions and get clarification about any areas where they need additional support or training.
5. The process also includes regular check-ins between managers and employees so both parties can check in on progress toward achieving goals and celebrate successes along the way.
The most successful companies have a holistic approach to performance management. They're not just trying to boost short-term results; they're focused on long-term success and improving performance over time.
Nonetheless, a lot of companies want to improve performance, but most of them don't know how. And even if they do, it's often a case of doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results each time.
We believe that it's only through a holistic approach and looking at all aspects of a business that lasting improvement can be made. The Performance Improvement Program (PIP) is our consulting service that takes this holistic approach.
The PIP starts with an overview of your current situation: what are the KPIs that matter, and what are the gaps between current performance and target? We will then look at how we can close these gaps through training and coaching, including tools such as 360-degree feedback or development planning processes.
When we start working together, you'll get access to the client project and management system. This way you can see how things are going and keep track of your progress!